Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Donor

To Craigslist I go!  Lots of crashed, old, cheap motorcyles out there.  I spent a couple weeks looking at GSXRs, R6's, an RC51, just about everything you can think of.  Then, like it was calling my name and begging to be part of my new toy, I came across a 1999 Triumph Daytona 955i.  Why is this one so special?  First and foremost, it's a 3 cylinder.  How freaking cool is that - a 3 cylinder engine for my 3 wheeler?  That has a couple other advantages - it's narrower than the 4 cylinders out there.  Next, I had dreamed of doing a single-sided swingarm.  I'm a sucker for that exposed wheel - just looks really sweet.  Oh, and rear wheel - 3 spokes.  That was the one.  Bought it, tore it apart.  Man I love tearing things apart.  The engine will work, the gas tank will work, the swingarm and rear wheel and tire will work, has a good battery and oil cooler too.  Here we go. Pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment