Saturday, December 31, 2011

I'm at the "what do I do next?" stage

Have made some real progress with the trike.  Chassis is as done as I can make it until I get the motor located for sure.  I got it off the jig table and it's just on blocks now.  I test mounted the rear shock, have one of the front corners tacked on waiting for shocks.  I got the wheels/tires and mounted one up.  Looks great, works great.  I made the steering rack mounts. 

I do have a couple of final dimensions (no body of course).
Wheelbase: 96"
Track Width: 53"
Overall Length: 121"
Overall Width: 61"
Ground Clearance: 5.25"

But now I'm stuck on what to do next.

I could put the floor in - but I don't want it to get in the way of welding other pieces.
I could put the other front corner on, but I want to make sure I have the suspension geometry finalized before I build the other side.
I could finish up the steering rack, but I want to have suspension done first.
I could work on the steering column, but I need the seat located first. 
I could do the seat but I need the floor.
I could work on the rear swingarm bracing, but I need to get the jackshaft fabbed and located before I know where I have room.
I could get the engine mounted, but I really wanted to wait on that as long as I can to make sure everything else fits.
I could work on the jackshaft but, well, that is the scariest part of the build and I'm still working that one in my head - no epiphany yet.

So I've basically been staring at it for the last hour trying to figure out what to do.  That didn't work so I'm going to get a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment